After your study

You might already know exactly what you want to do after you graduate from university. If so, that’s great. If not, it might seem like quite a jungle. There are many different aspects of architecture and urban planning that you can choose to work in. For some, it’s rather straightforward: you know what is required and what you can expect. But there are plenty lesser-known jobs, which might be exactly what you are passionate about. On this page, you will read about many of the different jobs that you can opt for once you’ve finished your study.

Work at a firm

The best-known and most chosen option is to work at a firm. As a regular employee, you are involved in the design process and will be responsible for your share of the work that has to be done. Within some firms, you can specialize in certain tasks, such as graphic design. If you opt to work at a firm, you can either do so without doing the Beroeps Ervaring Periode (BEP) or Professional Experience Period (PEP) or without. If you choose not to do this, you will not get the title of architect or urban planner in the national register.

Work at a municipality


Work as a graphic designer


Work as a teacher

Upcoming activities